As the 2016 TV season comes to a halt, and the Summer/Winter season begins, here are my picks for the best written TV episodes in 2016.
This was an incredibly difficult list to compile. There were some exceptionally well written episodes of television this year.
Find more of my Top 5 Lists HERE
Click on the titles to see my review of each episode.
Note: While most shows have finished for their mid-season break, a few still remain going or will finish in the next couple of weeks. If any of these episodes contain writing that may impact this list, I will update it.
Top 5 Best Written TV Episodes in 2016
1. “Nailed” (Peter Gould, Better Call Saul)
2. “Trompe L’Oeil” (Halley Gross and Jonathan Nolan, Westworld)
3. “Klick” (Heather Marion and Vince Gilligan, Better Call Saul)
4. “The Winds of Winter” (David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, Game of Thrones)
5. “Hyde Park Corner” (Peter Morgan, The Crown)
Honourable Mentions: “Trace Decay” (Westworld), “The Bicameral Mind” (Westworld), “San Junipero” (Black Mirror)